Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Autumn And Apple Pie


Still thinking about baking. Can't help it! I want to go to Apple Hill in Camino www.applehill.com or, closer to home, Covers Apple Ranch www.coversappleranch.com in Tuolumne, and get some apples and bring them home and make an apple pie or an apple cake or apple cheese dessert. One of our favorite pies growing up was Frosted Apple-Raisin Pie from the Farm Journal cookbook. In fact,I sometimes requested it instead of cake for my birthday! I proudly recall that at the 4-H Pie Socials,our mother's pies brought the highest auction price! And I remember making Apple Cheese Dessert, and that Daddy really liked it. (It has to have less calories than a pie, right? because it has no crust); there is cheddar cheese mixed in to the crumbly topping.
But, I've got my own little version of "If you build it , they will come" goin' on, see - it's "If you bake it, you will eat it".
Story of my life.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Cooking Light and Eating Well have some wonderful apple pie/apple desert recipes that won't make you feel like you shouldn't be eating them (or BAKING them). Don't forget that apples are really good for you, even in a pie! Cheese is good too, it may have a lot of fat but it also has calcium. It is raining this morning in the Gold Country and I think baking is something I will do today, even if it is only making my homemade biscuits for the Kelsey Community Association breakfast at the old Kelsey School. (Now, biscuits and gravy IS something maybe you'd better stay away from...)